Personal Support Worker(s) - PSWs Community and/or LTC
Part-Time • Chapleau Region
Salary Range: $40,000 - $60,000
The Community Personal Support Worker (PSW) is responsible for the delivery of in home support and personal care to ill, frail, handicapped and disabled persons of all ages so that they may remain independent in their own homes and communities for as long as possible. In LTC, the PSW renders effective, safe, and ethical care to residents according to the nursing care plan under the supervision of a member of the registered nursing staff.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate from an Accredited Program
- Ability to understand both written and verbal instructions
- Strong communication and advocacy skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Possess organization and time management skills
- Experience in a long-term care setting is preferred
- French Language Service Designation: Bilingualism, English and French, is required. In accordance with the French Language Services Plan, if no bilingual candidates (both internal and external) meet the qualifications, unilingual candidates may be considered.
Interested applicants may submit a detailed cover letter and resume to:
Services de santé de Chapleau Health Services
6 Broomhead Road, P.O. Box 757
Tel: (705) 864-3061
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications received will be held strictly confidential.
Cet avis est disponible en français.
Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with the Human Rights Code or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to properly participate.