Full-Time • Chapleau Region
- Unload, receive and store goods and materials procured by the Company
- Issue goods and materials from Inventory
- Conduct assigned inventory counts
- Document, package, load and ship material off site
- Ensure accuracy of all transactions
- Complete all assigned tasks in an efficient, effective, timely and safe manner
SAFETY AND SUSTAINABILITY EXPECTATIONS
- Must handle all goods and materials as per Company and Departmental policies
- Must work within the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OH&S Act), particularly as it relates to Designated
- Substances under WHMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Act
- Responsible to keep the work environment clean and safe
- Must ensure all goods and materials are stored properly, in a safe manner and away from traffic
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as prescribed by the OH&S Act and Company policy
- Adhere to Newmont Environmental and Sustainability policies
- Responsible for the receiving of all goods procured by the Company
- Must ensure all goods received at Site are accurately listed on Vendor documentation and received in Company computer system (SAP)
- Responsible for the accurate labelling of all received materials
- Must report all deficiencies to the Vendor and the Warehouse Supervisor and must resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner
- Responsible for the issuing of all inventory
- Ensure accuracy of all issue transactions
- Enter all issue transactions into SAP in a timely manner to ensure an accurate and efficient replenishment of inventory
- Pull materials from stock locations and prepare items for internal shipping
- Responsible for the preparation of all documentation, (Company, legislated or carrier) for the shipping of goods off site
- Must ensure all materials being shipped off site are packaged or skidded for safe transportation
- Must ensure all WHIMIS and TDG (documentation and labelling) requirements are met when applicable materials are being shipped offsite.
- Must ensure all inventory items are put away in the designated locations in an accurate, safe, and timely manner
- Responsible to order inventory items as assigned or requested
- Responsible to conduct formal physical inventory counts as scheduled
- Responsible to conduct spot checks as required or requested
- Responsible for providing accurate information on all aspects of the inventory status to other company personnel as requested, or redirect the inquiry to other Warehouse personnel if unable to provide the requested info
- Must maintain a clean, neat and safe work environment
- Must adhere to all Company and Departmental policies and procedures as they apply to their job functions (i.e. PPE, circle checks, etc.)
Training & Experience
- Grade 12 Diploma or relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of legislation requirements under Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act.
- Minimum 3 years warehouse experience.
- Forklift Operators Certificate.
- Underground Common Core Modules
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize assigned work, prioritize and execute by requested deadlines
- Working knowledge of computer software would be asset
- Experience with SAP would be an asset
- Operating U/G Mobile service vehicle.
This position is located at our Borden Mine in Chapleau, ON
The schedule is 4 days on, 3 days off.
To apply: https://jobs.newmont.com/job-invite/28770/
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion and accessibility. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Expires: 2023-07-24