Part-Time • Chapleau Region
Salary Range: $40,000 - $60,000
Compass is a non-profit agency. Our purpose is
to create paths for our young people to reach their full potential.
The Resource Worker will provide the necessary support to ensure the inclusion of children with developmental, social, emotional, behavioural needs into community child care settings by providing training, support, co-ordination of services, observation, information and program planning.
- As part of a team, the candidate will be responsible for providing the necessary support to ensure the inclusion of children with special needs into community child care settings
- Providing training, support, co-ordination of services, observation, information and program planning
- Responsible for providing services to parents by assisting in carrying out any necessary programs at home and in the daycare; to the child by assessing the child’s strengths and needs and providing services to the child, providing necessary referrals, monitoring and advocating for them.
- Provide in-home and/or community early intervention services for families with children newborn to age five who have or are at risk for a developmental delay.
- Evaluating the child’s development and family needs; setting goals and introducing activities to encourage the development of the child’s physical, social and intellectual skills; supporting the family in providing guidance regarding child development and parenting skills; and assisting the family in accessing community services.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Experience working with families and children with special needs.
- Experience working with children with developmental disabilities, and parents of infants and young children.
- Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in both official languages is required.
- Possess a valid Ontario Class “G” driver's licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check required.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits and pension package. We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting job posting number 1658 clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications by email and addressed to
319 Lasalle Blvd, Unit 4
Sudbury ON P3A 1W7
This posting shall remain open until filled.
Compass values inclusivity and diversity in the
workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, and are committed
to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted
regarding this competition, please advise human resources of the accommodation
measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and
equitable manner. We wish to
thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be