Comp 20-64 Alternative Care Worker (Union) - Cochrane
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
COMPETITION: 20-64 Alternative Care Worker (union)
LOCATION: Cochrane – with travel throughout the district
STATUS: Full Time— 35 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
SALARY: $ 45,763 - $59,016 per annum
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to Program Supervisor, the Alternative Care Worker will ensure service delivery of the Alternative Care program in accordance to the Foster Care Licensing Standards and recruit, select and train Alternative Care providers within the agency’s eleven (11) First Nation communities.
· Completion of BSW, (Native Specialty preferred) or Diploma or Certificate in Child Care and/or Social Services may also be considered;
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in children’s residential service; preferably with First Nation families
· Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant legislation including CYFSA
· Thorough knowledge of and ability to operate, and evaluate, Foster Care and Children in Care standards and programs.
· Excellent record keeping, case management and statistical data collection skills;
· Excellent communication, organizational, evaluation and problem-solving skills;
· Excellent assessment and training skills required for the selection, training, supervision and support of Alternative Care providers and families;
· Demonstrated proficiency with various software packages including but not limited to word processing, database, Frontline and or spreadsheet applications;
· Must be willing to work flexible hours; Must be willing to travel and provide on-call services when required;
· Must produce clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
· Must possess a valid “G” Ontario driver`s license and have access to a reliable vehicle with a $2 million rider liability
· Able to speak a Native language is an asset
· Ensure the adherence to the Agency’s Alternative Care policies and procedures; Subscribe to the organizational mission, values and philosophy of Kunuwanimano;
· Promote and support the agency’s Child and Family Services programs;
· Develop a network complement of Alternative Care providers within the eleven (11) member First Nation communities and Agency`s jurisdiction;
· Recruit, select, train and support Alternative Care providers and families within the Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services catchment area;
· Facilitate the Adoption home-study and process as per standards;
· Develop and ensure the consistent adherence to an agency protocol for the placement of a child(ren) in care
· Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of each Alternative Care placement;
· Assess and recommend or decide upon financial requests from Alternative Care providers within the financial authorities delegated by the Board of Directors;
· Maintain records and produce program reports as per licensing standards;
· Participate constructively in staff meetings, seminars, training sessions as required by the Program Supervisor; and,
· Participates in community events and activities, which promote a positive image of the agency.
· Perform other duties as required.
We offer a competitive compensation package and opportunities for professional development.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705-266-9122, or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
Attn: Human Resources,
401 Cedar Street South,
Timmins, ON P4N 7H2
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify.
Thank you for your interest in our Agency. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.